Summer Reading 2016
View or Print pdf Flyer HERE
Now Recruiting for the 2016 Summer Reading Club!
Dare to compete in READ for the WIN, a game in which every book leads to VICTORY!
Register May 23rd-27th at Barclay Public Library
to get your Reading Gear. Sport your best reading skills and be willing to score by reading library books!
Play in our Summer Reading Games for 1st-5th graders every
Thursday morning at 10:30 am, June 2nd-July 28th.
Everyone makes the cut, so be ready to READ for the WIN!
The basic reading requirements for Summer Reading Club are simple!
1st Grade - - read 5 "E" books each week.
2nd Grade - - read 10 "E" Books
3 & 4 Grades - - read 50 pages in a "J" chapter book.
5 Grade - - read 100 pages in a "J" chapter book.
Do this each week to earn a ticket to spend-- and put your name in for the READER OF THE WEEK!
Read DOUBLE each week to earn a RED ticket for
the RED TICKET DRAWING.
TEEN Summer Reading 6th-12th Grades -- 1,400 pages
REMEMBER: IT'S THE READING THAT'S IMPORTANT!
THE PROGRAMS ARE SUPER FUN, BUT THE READING GETS YOU THE PRIZES!
In order to receive credit, all Readers must read Books appropriate
for their reading level -- If in doubt, please ask a library staff member!
Storytime for 2-5 year-olds
Every Tuesday at 10:30 am
May 31st - July 26th
No Storytime July 5th
June 2nd - Tailgatin' - Kick-off with a Summer Reading Tailgate Party!
June 9th - Play Day - Fun with games and inflatables
June 16th - Pulling Strings - Storybook show by Clothespin Puppets
June 23rd - Toilet Paper Olympics - Compete for the Gold
June 30th - Up in the Air - Juggling Jeff Show
July 7th - Time Out - No program this week. Catch up on reading!
July 14th - Splash Sports - wet and wild water day
July 21st - Ninja Training - Learn some stealth ninja skills!
July 28th - The Magical Finish - Reward Party with magician Richard Landry - must complete all 7 weeks of reading to attend
How to Record Your books
1. Take your reading log home. Keep your reading log in your bag so that it doesn't get lost! If you lose the reading log, you will lose what you've recorded.
2. Each week write your books down, and bring your reading log back to the library to be stamped. You will get a ticket to spend and a prize coupon to redeem at a local restaurant or business. Reading double your weekly goal will earn you a chance in the Red Ticket Drawing.
3. The library will keep a record of how many weeks each child finishes. All 7 weeks must be completed to be eligible for the final party.
4. On the last week, leave your reading log at the library so that pages can be counted and winners determined.
5. Please ask a library staff member if you have ANY questions.